healthy sardine sandwich recipe
A delicious sandwich bite you can't resist
5 from 1 vote
- 2 whole bread slices
- 2 svizzera cheese slices
- 1 cup sardines
- 2 red cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow cherry tomato
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tbsp ginger powder
- Sea salt totaste
- Black pepperto taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 white onion, chopped
- ½ tbsp red chili powder
- ½ tbsp cumin powder
- ½ tbsp paprika
- Peel the garlic and the white onion. Chop the onion finely.
- Mince the garlic cloves finely.
- Clean the sardine fishes and prepare it for cooking.
- In a pan, add the sardine fishes with 4 tbsp of water.
- Add sea salt, black pepper and ginger powder.
- Cover with lid and cook for 5 minutes on medium low heat.
- Remove the lid and check if the water has evaporated.
- Turn the heat to high and wait for the water to evaporate completely.
- Take the sardines off the stove. Remove the bones. Flake the sardines finely.
- In another skillet, add the olive oil and toss the white onion for 1 minute.
- Add the sardines and the paprika, cumin powder and red chili powder.
- Adjust the seasoning and stir for 2 minutes. take off the heat.
- Now in the same skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until it turns golden.
- Stir in the spinach and stir for 3 minutes. Add some salt to your taste.
- Take off the heat. Now cut the cherry tomatoes into wedges.
- Toast the whole bread slices. Add the cheese on top of each bread slices.
- Add the sardine mixture following by the spinach mix. Now add the cherry tomatoes and sprinkle some salt and black pepper on top.
- Serve immediately.
Tips: These toasts are very versatile and you can have them as a brunch of light lunch as well. They are super healthy and delicious.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!