Sea Bream In Foil
No ratings yet
- Baking pan
- kitchen cutting board
- Cooking spoon
- Kitchen cloth
- 1 Seabream
- ½ courgettes
- ½ lemon
- Pinch of thyme
- tbsp spoon of chopped Pasley Salt and
- 1/1 a glass of white wine
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ spoon of capers,
- ½ 1/2 fennel
- Start with the fresh sea bream, previously gutted. Rinse it under running water, taking care to eliminate any traces of blood or impurities.
- Wash the vegetables and clean them dry, cut them into thin slices then put them aside
- Dry it thoroughly inside and out with kitchen paper; arrange it on a baking foil sheet: lightly salt the inside and perfume with a bit of thyme.
- Make a few incisions on the back of the fish, on both sides, to ensure a good uniform cooking.
- Salt the fish on the surface more decisively, add the capers, courgettes, fennel season with a few slices of lemon, parsley, thyme, garlic, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare lemon slices on top of seabream. Thoroughly seal all edges of the foil to form contained parcels. Bake in a preheated oven at 220 ° C.
- Add the wine after 15 minutes, lower the temperature to 180 and continue cooking for about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven as soon as you see that the fish is cooked.
- Here in Italy, it is a tradition that the sea bream be served with the foil just as it is.
- Enjoy your meal. Buon appetito!
Sea Bream In Foil. The popular Emilian recipe of sea bream in foil beautifully blends a list of southern products such as capers, black olives, and lemons. Strange for a typical recipe from northern Italy? No, because in the Po Valley, these and many other products found their most significant diffusion around the mid-19th century, when their industrial production began. A bit like in the case of tuna sauce, which is typical of Emilia, although in this region a century and a half ago, no tuna were fished or tomatoes were grown. But they were imported from the south, canned, and used to make excellent recipes that have become, in fact, typical and traditional.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!