Oatmeal with fruit recipe
This delicious inspired smoothie is stuffed with fiber, thanks to the fruit and the ingenious addition of pressed oats.
No ratings yet
- spoon and spatula
- Kitchen cloth
- 1 cup roll oats
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup wild berries
- 1 semi ripe banana
- 2 kiwi
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 tbsp currants
- Take a medium sized pot. Pour in the milk and add the rolled oats.
- Stir using a spatula. Make sure you stir until the oats are perfectly mixed with the milk.
- If you do not mix the oats with milk properly before heating up, there will be lumps that will remain later on. There is nothing more distasteful than having lumpy oatmeal. So be careful about this step.
- After the oats has completely mixed with the milk, turn on the heat to medium low.
- Keep stirring the mixture for 2 minutes. if you stop mixing, it will start to form lumps again, so don't stop.
- Now add the sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well using the spatula.
- Finally, add the shredded coconut and stir for another 5 minutes without stopping.
- After you reach the perfect consistency, take the oatmeal off the heat.
- Put aside and let it cool down completely.
- Prepare the fruits. Peel the banana and cut them into semi thin slices.
- Peel the kiwis and cut into thick slices. Clean the wild berries properly.
- Pour the oatmeal into four individual bowls.
- Add the fruits on top. It is best served cold. You can serve them in room temperature as well.
- Enjoy your meal. Buon appetito!
Tips: This is one of those recipes where you need to stand next to the flame while cooking. Otherwise, you may end up making a mess of the dish. So, have patience while you are making this. It is only 12 minutes, so, use it wisely. Feel free to pick your favorite fruit!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!