This low-calorie tart cake is an excellent masterpiece of home cake: crunchy on the outside and compact inside. A shortcrust pastry crust stuffed with cream and pastry linings. You can prepare this dessert all year round, ideal for many occasions, from breakfast to a snack for the whole family or accompany a cup of tea with friends; also suitable for celebrating a birthday.
Low - Calorie Tart Cake
- baking dish
- kitchen cutting board
- kitchen scale
- Kitchen napkins to clean
- 60 g water
- 40 g of brown sugar
- 60 g of peanut oil
- pinch of salt
- A teaspoon of baking powder
- 250 g of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
How to prepare low-calorie tart cake
- Add the flour and mix with the baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Then add oil and work everything with your fingertips until you get a sandy mixture.
- Create a hole in the center of the mixture and proceed by adding the egg and yolk. Knead everything until you get a soft but not sticky dough.
- Take the shortcrust pastry, form a ball, and wrap it in cling film. Let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes. After the time has passed, take it out and set aside a third.
- Switch on the oven to 180° C (356° F).
- Spread the remaining two-thirds on a baking paper (3 / 6mm thick) and about 30 cm in diameter. Lift it and place it in a round baking pan with a diameter of 24 cm and a 3 cm edge. Grease butter and flour on the baking dish (18 to 22 cm diameter). Coat the edges properly, probably overflowing the dough out of the pan.
- Cut the dough exceeding the edge of the pan and add it to the one previously set aside. Prick the tart base with a fork and spread the cream on the disc of the dough evenly.
- Pour the pastry cream filling and extend it to all the surfaces. Roll out the remaining shortcrust pastry and cut it into strips of about 2 cm in width with the smooth or serrated pastry cutter. Use these strips of shortcrust pastry to finish the tart's outer edge and form the classic central wire rack.
- Bake the cream tart in a convection oven for 35 minutes at 180 ° C. Once the surface is golden brown, take it out of the oven and let it cool before removing it from the pan. Now your low-calorie tart cake.
- Enjoy Your meal. Buon appetito!