Italian Baked Ricotta Cake Recipe has quite an ancient history as regards the preparation of desserts. It is said that the ricotta was used in peasant cuisine usually accompanied by sugar and honey.
To start the day in a different way, there is nothing more satisfying than a fabulous ricotta cake: it is a soft cake, perfect for soaking and therefore highly recommended for your delicious breakfasts. This recipe is an easy dessert with a delicate taste to make, a dessert that will surely conquer your friends and that cannot be missing in your recipe book. It is a perfect cake to serve at any time: at breakfast, it will be delicate and delicious, brunch will be tasty and, at the end of dinner, it will be perfect!
Italian Baked Ricotta Cake Recipe
- Baking pan
- Mixing bowl
- electric whisk
- spoon and spatula
- kitchen scale
- Measuring spoons
- 80 gr of Butter
- 250 gr of flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 sachet of yeast
- 250 gr of Ricotta
- 200r g of sugar
- Half a glass of milk
- powdered sugar
Italian Baked Ricotta Cake Recipe (the preparation)
- Beat the egg whites until stiff; in a bowl, form a frothy mixture by whipping the egg yolks, sugar, and softened butter.
- Add the ricotta and mix gently. Mix the ricotta well with the mixture, add the flour, and finally, the baking powder.
- Add the mixture into a buttered and floured pan 24 cm in diameter, or, if you prefer, prepare a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the mold in the middle of the oven at 180 degrees for 30-45 minutes. When the ricotta cake is ready, let it cool.
- Remove from the mold and sprinkle the surface with the icing sugar.
- Now that your Italian Baked Ricotta Cake Recipe is ready you can now serve to your loved ones.
- Enjoy your cake. Buon appetito