Homemade baked panzerotto recipe is typical preparation of the Apulian rotisserie and a typical Italian food whose recipe includes a dough based on flour, water, salt, and yeast (and alternatively the addition of extra virgin olive oil) filled and baked. It is among the most famous Italian food list.
A typical panzerotto is immersed in boiling oil; baked panzerotti has an excellent reputation in Italy, mainly found in the Apulia area and some Italian restaurants, thanks to their distinct buoyancy and the decency of the dough they are made with accompanied by spices like oregano standard tomatoes and mozzarella. Each taste delivered to a panzerotto is the chance to recognize Puglia’s pure character in a single bite, which today I will present you with the simple fillings.
Homemade baked panzerotto recipe
- kitchen scale
- kitchen cutting board
- parchment paper
- cling film
- baking tray
- Rolling Pin
Ingredients for the dough
- 550 gr flour
- 50 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 12 gr sugar
- 280 ml water
- 4 gr dried brewer's yeast
- 10 gr salt
for the filling
- 200 gr Mozzarella
- 80 gr Tomato puree
- Take a large bowl and sift the flour; add the yeast. Flavor the water with the sugar and then add it to the center of the flour with the oil.
- Mix the ingredients well, adding the salt towards the end. Knead the dough for at least ten minutes until you get a soft, smooth, and smooth dough.
- Mix the ingredients well, adding the salt towards the end. Knead the dough for at least ten minutes until you get a soft, and smooth dough. If you noticed the dough too sticky, it is advisable to add more flour; if too dry, add more water, proceeding with one spoon at a time.
- When you are good with the texture, place the dough in the bowl, cover it with cling film and let it rise for at least 2:15 minutes or until it appears fluffy and swollen.
- While you wait, prepare the fillings: cut the mozzarella into cubes and let it drain, cut the mozzarella and tomatoes into small pieces and let it drain.
- After 3 hours, resume the dough earlier to rest and divide it into as many parts as panzerotti you want to make; in our case, we are making 22 pieces.
- Roll each part with your hands to obtain a ball, systematize them in plates lined with parchment paper and let them rest for 15 minutes, possibly in a warm but not lit oven. After 15 minutes, turn out each ball with the help of a rolling pin, creating a range of spheres of equal size.
- Stuff each sphere with the fillings and close them, forming half-moons, seal the edges with the help of the prongs of a fork. Place them on a baking tray, trying to keep them all at a distance from each other, and let them rise for another 40 minutes-1 hour.
- Bake them in the oven at 180 ° C for about 20 minutes, serve lukewarm. Enjoy your meal. Buonappetito!
- Enjoy your meal. Buon appetito!