Flavorful Light Danubio Cake
Flavorful Light Danubio Cake is an elegant cake made up of exceptionally soft, light dough balls that can be filled with a sweet, creamy, or salty mixture and are baked close to each other inside a mold. Incredibly elementary to prepare, this recipe guarantees success on every occurrence. The cake will turn out deliciously unique with an unpredictable and fabulous appearance. These pleasant Danubio can be served for breakfast, after meals, even at any time of the day! Moreover, the elegant Danubio is also quite simple to make, taking into consideration the rising times.The preparation is effortless, but the leavening takes on a significant role: we must leave the dough in a bowl to rest for at least 2 hours at room temperature and then in the cake pan in which the Danube will be baked.Deliciously unique with an unpredictable and fabulous appearance.
No ratings yet
FOR THE DOUGH
- 500 g flour
- 200 g Manitoba flour
- 150 g milk
- 1 egg
- 1 yolk
- 80 g granulated sugar
- 80 g soft butter
- 20 g dehydrated brewer's yeast
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
FOR THE STUFFING TO PREPARE CUSTARD CREAM
- 2 egg yolk
- 70 g granulated sugar
- 40 g flour
- 300 whole milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- Flavorful Light Danubio Cake: preparation Assemble the two flours, the yeast, the sugar, the milk, the egg, and the yolk, and the seeds extracted from the vanilla bean in the bowl. Mix everything very well.
- Then add and stir in the soft butter, one cube at a time, waiting for it to be incorporated before adding more. Finally, add the salt.
- Knead everything for 15-20 minutes until stringing: the dough should appear soft, elastic, and collected. Put the dough in a bowl, cover it with cling film and let it rise in the oven off, with the courtesy light on, until it doubles its volume. It will take about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pastry cream following the basic recipe and the doses indicated here. set it to a bowl and let it cool covered with contact film.
- At this point, divide the dough into pieces of 30g each, spread it out and extend these doughs.
- Add filling, close it accurately, model it on a pastry board, and form a ball; all edges should be well cohesive so that the filling does not come out during baking.
- Grease and flour the cake pan and begin to place the balls, keeping them slightly apart as they rise in volume, touching each other but not losing the spherical shape.
- Cover and let them rise to double their volume; brush them with milk or beaten egg. ( I used milk here)
- Cook at 180 ° in a preheated fan oven for about 25-30 minutes. Take it out of the oven and enjoy it still warm. Enjoy! Buon appetito!
Calories: 254kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 9gFat: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!