Brown Rice Salad With Shrimp And Avocado
It simply takes a few ingredients and some easy steps to follow to make up a bowl of brown rice salad with shrimp and avocado.
No ratings yet
- Frying pan (stainless steel or nonstick)
- Rice cooker or pot
- wooden spoon
- Rice filter (colander)
- 400 of brown rice
- 1 avocado
- 400 of prawns (shrimps)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ lemon
- parsley to taste
- 1 mango
- In a pan, bring abundant water to boil with salt.
- Clean the shrimp by removing the heads and carapace. Next, score the back and remove the gut inside.
- Cut a not too ripe avocado in half, and remove the stone, and with the help of a spoon, extract the pulp.
- Cook the Rice. When the rice is almost cooked (it must be very al dente), put some chopped parsley and grated garlic, oil, and a spoon of water in a pan. Leave to simmer for 5 min,
- Add the shrimps to the rice pot, and then cook for 10 minutes over medium / low heat. Stir occasionally. Add the mango and avocado slices, cook for an extra 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Let them cool down and add them bit by bit inside the mold pressing them to form the shape.
- Now that your Brown Rice Salad With Shrimp And Avocado is ready you can now serve it out to your loved ones.
- Enjoy your meal. Buon appetito!
You can prepare it in advance and reheat it in the oven before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
You may also want to check: Shrimp and Mussels Recipe