Mini Vegetable pot pies
5 from 2 votes
- Baking pan
- Kitchen cloth
- dessert cupcake
- kitchen cutting board
- 1 lb. pastry sheet
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 10 asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup eggplants, chopped
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the baking dish using butter or cooking spray.
- Cut 4 inches long and 2 inches thick strips using the pastry sheet.
- Cut theremaining pastry sheet in 5 inches circles.
- Grease a cupcake mould using the cooking spray.
- Take the pastry strips and roll each asparagus tightly. Arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Add some oil on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Take off the heat and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Now place the pastry circles in the greased cupcake mould.
- To make the filling, in a pan, melt the butter. Toss the red onion for 1 minute.
- Add the eggplant and cook until it is charred.
- Add the salt, pepper, and mixed herbs. Stir for 3 minutes.
- Now add the zucchini and toss for 3 minutes. add the red chili and cook for another minute.
- Take off the heat. Place the mixture into the pastry moulds. Be generous and careful about this step.
- Add the grated cheese on top. Sprinkle some more salt, pepper and mixed herbs on top.
- Brush the top portion of the pastry using the egg wash.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve them warm.
- Enjoy your meal. Buon appetito!
Tips: You can choose your choice of vegetables here. You can use cauliflower, cabbage, and carrots instead of zucchini and eggplants. Be creative.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!