Leftover Sponge Cake Recipe
Have you ever thought of throwing away your leftover cakes? Don't do it! Try this amazing homemade crunchy gift from italianfamilyfood and you will never throw them away again.
No ratings yet
- spoon and spatula
- Baking pan
- electric whisk
- Oven gloves
- Measuring spoons
- Kitchen cloth
- kitchen scale
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp dry active yeast
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pinch cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup left-over vanilla cake
- 1/2 cup left-over lemon sponge cake
- Preheat your oven to 380 degrees F.
- Use butter to grease a round cake mold.
- Be generous while you are greasing your cake mould. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the mold and it will help you unmold the cake easily.
- Slice up the left-over cakes. Add the cakes into a food processor.
- Don't pulse until they become smooth. You cannot over process them. Otherwise, it will be too lumpy.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, add the all-purpose flour, cinnamon powder, and sea salt.
- Heat up the milk to become lukewarm. Now add the dry active yeast and stir well.
- Add 1 tsp of sugar and mix until it dissolves. Cover with a lid.
- Wait for the yeast to get activated. Now add the eggs one at a time.
- Beat well for 1 minute and then add the remaining eggs. Beat again.
- Stir in the butter, vanilla extract and beat well.
- Now add the all purpos flour, and the left-over cake grains. Fold in using a spatula.
- Now let it sit for 30 minutes. Pour in the cake mold. Tap twice.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Let it cool down.
- Unmold the cake. Cut into slices and serve.
- instructions.This cake is delicious with a crunchy taste that will suit your cravings.
- Enjoy your cake. Buon Appetito!
Tips: Leftover Sponge Cake Recipe is this kne recipe that can be prepared with as much cake as you can. If you have two kinds of left-over cakes, it is even better. It will bring out more flavors for the new cake. If you have whipped cream or butter cream then decorate the cake as you please. You can also add dusting sugar on top to make it a little fancy looking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!