Homemade fettuccine pasta recipe
This simple recipe is bursting with flavor and looks beautiful yet it is effortless.
No ratings yet
- cooking pan
- Kitchen cloth
- Cooking spoon
- kitchen cutting board
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- 500 gr fettuccine
- 1 grated cheese (parmigiano Reggina)
- 1 tbsp clove of garlic
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- Fresh basil leaves
- Olives as needed
- To make the spaghetti tomato sauce, you need to have quality tomatoes. If you can find freshly picked tomatoes that is the best. Cut the stem off and cut them in half. Crush them using your hands. Or you can use a hand blender and crush the tomatoes finely, Or homemade tomato.
- Remove the excess skin and seeds. You can run the mixture through a sieve to get the best result.
- In the meantime, add two tablespoons of oil in a saucepan and brown a clove of garlic. Add the crushed tomatoes over medium heat.
- Simmer the tomato sauce over low heat for about ten minutes. Pour in the fresh tomato sauce, olives, and season with salt. Add a few basil leaves while cooking, which you will then remove, and finally, a pinch of sugar that will help in neutralising the tomatoes' acidity.
- Add black Pepe, thyme, basil, and olives. Stir for 2 minutes. Add the chili flakes and cook for another 2 minutes, taste it and see if it needs more salt or Pepe.
- If you are happy with the thickness then take off from the heat. If it needs more time and patiently wait for some more time. After it is done, take off from the heat.
- Now take a large pot and bring 8 cups of water to boil. Add the pinch of sea salt in the water. Add ½ tsp olive oil. Add the fettucine and cook for about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat once the pasta is cooked, drain it al dente and put it in the saucepan.
- Take the sauce off the flame. Remove the clove of garlic, give a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and two spoons of the cooking water, then mix the fettucine well with the tomato sauce.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes then take off the heat. Serve with grated cheese on top
- Enjoy your meal. Buon appetito!
This simple recipe is bursting with flavor and looks beautiful yet is effortless. Pasta with tomato sauce is a recipe made explicitly with few essential ingredients, is amidst the most tricky to balance, and the outcome is anything but obvious. There are numerous variants of this recipe, but we should try to stay as close to tradition as possible, using spaghetti or fettuccine, which are perfect!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!