Fresh tomato and shrimp Linguine Pasta
No ratings yet
- cooking pan
- kitchen cutting board
- Kitchen scales
- Kitchen shears/scissors
- 1 1kg shrimp, with skin
- 500 gr cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- cup linguine pasta
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Clean the shrimp properly. Devein them carefully. The skin should remain intact. The skin will add more flavor to your pasta.
- To cook the linguine pasta, in a pot, pour 3 cups of water.
- Bring it to a boil and turn the heat to medium now.
- Drop your linguine pasta. Add a pinch of salt and 1 drop of olive oil.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on medium high heat.
- Turn off the heat. Drain the linguine pasta and keep it aside for now.
- In a large pan, add the olive oil and fry the shrimp with a pinch of salt and pepper for 1minute per side.
- Take the shrimps out on a kitchen tissue.
- In the same pan, add the butter and fry the garlic until it gets golden.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the salt, pepper, cayenne, rosemary, and chili flakes.
- Cook for 2 minutes and add the boiled linguine pasta.
- Stir to incorporate the sauce in the pasta.
- Turn the heat to medium low to avoid burning.
- Now add in the fried shrimp and toss again to incorporate the sauce.
- Add the parsley on top. Serve warm.
- Enjoy your meal. Buon appetito!
Tip: To get the best results you can add some grated cheese on top of hot pasta. You can add a different spice blend like oregano, cilantro and paprika if you like those better than the ones used here.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!