Few ingredients! Go to the grocery around the corner and get this down!
Cleaning squid is more comfortable than peeling and cleaning shrimp, but it’s still a bit of a process. Preparing a kilo or two for a small family reunion isn’t an issue. It is cooking for a crowd that is a little demoralizing.
We enjoy a great dish of calamari. It is a celebratory feast, yet so easy to make. Fry squid is a great summer crowd-pleaser. Incredibly easy to prepare and make to order during an outdoor party. I also make it for our family Christmas Feast Fishes Dinner.
There is no uncertainty about it; this dish will grace your family holiday table for many years to come – and the beauty of this recipe is its humble roots and easy preparation. For those reasons and our love for the flavors, we often make it at our house. If you like it accompanied by fries or a fresh salad and a good glass of white wine.
Crispy Italian Fried Calamari
- 1000 g squid
- flour to taste
- 30 g peanut oil
- 20 g well-desalted capers
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 lemon
- Crispy Italian Fried Calamari. Preparation: Clean the squid. Wash 1 kg of squid underwater, turn the bags over, empty them, remove the bags from the tentacles, and cut them into rings.
- Marinate the squid rings for about 1 hour, putting them in a bowl with the juice of two lemons, one clove of garlic, and 30 g of well-desalted capers.
- Remove the squid from the marinade, making sure to dry them well on absorbent paper, then proceed with the flouring, and then remove the excess flour, pass them through a colander.
- Heat plenty of peanut oil in a pan and cook the squid a few at a time, drain them with a slotted spoon, and place them on kitchen paper for a few moments before putting them on the plates, add salt, and lemon.